Egg freezing is a procedure where your ovaries are stimulated to produce multiple mature eggs in a single cycle. The eggs are harvested, frozen and put into long term liquid nitrogen storage so that, should you decide you want to achieve pregnancy in the future, more options will be available to you.
In your late 20s – mid 30s.
Starting at age 32, a woman’s chances of conceiving decrease significantly. By 35, fertility decline speeds up. By age 40, fertility has fallen by half.
By the age of 30, a woman’s fertility success rate starts to decline, speeding up after 35. Some women may experience early menopause or which leads to fewer numbers of eggs and future difficulties having a child.
There is no right or wrong time to have a baby…but at TLC, we believe that every woman in Los Angeles should have the chance and the choice when the time comes
As part of this deeply personal decision-making process, you might choose to freeze your eggs for many reasons which include:
You’re not quite ready to have a family because you’re too busy. Maybe it’s travel, maybe it’s your career, maybe it’s waiting to meet the right partner. Oocyte cryopreservation will offer you peace of mind and allow you to focus on the present!
You’re not sure if you want children, but you’d like to be able to have all options available when and if you decide that you do! Fertility preservation provides you with additional chances and choices in the future.
Some medical conditions can hurt your ability to have children and limit your overall egg supply, which will only decrease further with time. Autoimmune diseases, Endometriosis, or Cancer treatments are all conditions that can hurt fertility levels but can be planned ahead for with egg freezing.
Even if you already have a child, you may know that you want more in the future but that your pregnancy rates will diminish as your egg supply decreases. Egg or embryo freezing means that the possibility of another little one, a potential brother or sister, is easily within reach!
It’s easy! Schedule your AMH/egg supply test with our Tree of Life doctors (special $99 offer available) and consult with them after finding out your results. You and our doctors will then decide how you’d like to move forward and whether egg freezing process is the best option for you.
By finding out your egg supply level as early as possible, you are able to plan ahead and take action on something that biologically is not within your control.
1) AMH testing (click here for info on our $99 special)
2) Consult your fertility clinic and review results. You may choose to schedule a quick ultrasound to find out your number of follicles, as this determines the maximum number of eggs that can be retrieved during one cycle. Doctors recommend 20 eggs be stored for the highest chances of healthy future birth, but it is more likely to expect 10-15 eggs per cycle.
3) On the 2nd day of your menstrual cycle, you begin ovarian stimulation by giving yourself the fertility medication. 1-2 injections per day are self-administered before bed. Don’t worry! The needles are very small and are injected into the softest region of your stomach, typically the least painful spot for shots.
4) You’ll continue hormonal medications for 8-10 days.
5) On the final day, you will go in to your doctor’s office for the final part of the procedure! Under anesthesia, the doctor will harvest your eggs and finish your cycle. The eggs will then be frozen and stored in a fertility lab or transferred later to long term storage (Cryo-bank).
6) Once ready for use, the frozen egg is thawed and fertilized using assisted reproductive technology. An embryo transfer is then performed into the uterus.
On average, healthy women between the ages of 25-35 harvest between 10-15 mature eggs per cycle
If under 15 are harvested, further cycles may be necessary.
After the age of 35, it is more common to require additional cycles based on your ovarian reserve.
The average cost of egg freezing cycles in the United States typically falls between $10,000 – $12,000 (usually not including the cost of medications or lab fees). At Tree of Life Fertility Center, we offer truly affordable pricing as we believe every woman should have the choice and chance in the future to start a family.
We are offering a limited time SPECIAL EGG FREEZING PROMOTIONAL DEAL:
Egg Freezing VIP One Cycle Package:
$8,150 → $7,200
Egg Freezing VIP Two Cycle Package:
$15,050 → $13,000
Egg Freezing VIP Three Cycle Package:
$20,570 → $17,500
• all ivf doctor visits
• all ultrasound monitoring
• all ivf cycle blood tests
• blood draws
• egg retrieval
• surgery center
• general anesthesia
• egg freezing with 1 year storage
• pretreatment evaluation
While most people report some mild discomfort, it is possible to experience period-like cramping and bloating because of the amount of eggs being produced in your ovary.
Pregnancy hormone (hCG) was used in the past to trigger artificial egg maturation. This hormone made enlarged ovaries to leak fluid, causing Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome and higher pain levels and other medical complications.
With advances in reproductive medicine, hCG has been replaced in favor of the much gentler GnRH agonist. Our skilled doctors carefully tailor the ideal dose for each patient with the goal of producing many eggs per cycle but not triggering hyperstimulation or pain.
Your eggs will be frozen and stored in a fertility lab, where they can remain for 10+ years. This costs anywhere between $500-$800 per year.
Cryo banks offer more competitively pricing based on 5 to 10 years packages.
Yes, but you should let our doctors know in advance because you will be at higher risk of overstimulation and discomfort.