Are you and your partner ready to start a family but struggling with the effects of infertility? We understand that going through infertility can be an emotional journey. Here at Tree of Life Fertility Center (TLC), we have been helping individuals and couples face these frustrating circumstances and ultimately plant seeds of hope, love and life. When you walk through those doors, you become part of our family. Let’s work together to make your dreams come true! At the Tree of Life Center we offer prospective parents the opportunity to learn about assisted reproductive technology options — as well as legal considerations to consider, costs of treatment, insurance coverage, and much more.
DID YOU KNOW? By the age of 40, women retain only 3% of their egg reserve. One out of 20 men have fertility issues pertaining to low levels of sperm. BOTTOM LINE: You are not alone. Infertility is common. One of every eight couples in the country now experience infertility due to factors that include stress, demanding careers, marriage later in life, and environment. The TLC team is here to guide you and can help you schedule your first fertility test, which is easy and straightforward. This will provide us with an accurate baseline to help you achieve your dream of becoming a parent.
Why should you book your first appointment? Natural intercourse is not working for you You conceived via natural intercourse but experienced a miscarriage
During your first appointment, the doctor will perform beginning tests such as blood tests or an ultrasound:
Transvaginal ultrasound tests allow our fertility specialists to assess the health of your ovaries, uterus, and follicles. This process begins with the doctor gently inserting an ultrasound probe vaginally, examining ovaries and endometrial lining.
Results can show possible reasons for difficulties conceiving, such as:
If further steps are needed, the next test might include a hydrosonogram or hysterosalpingogram:
– This procedure begins similarly to a pap smear and has similarities to Hysterosalpingograms (minus the dye and x-ray portion).
– The doctor inserts a speculum and saline is inserted into the vagina. The saline fills the uterine area and, simultaneously, the doctor will insert the ultrasound probe vaginally and perform a transvaginal ultrasound.
– It shows the inside of the uterus and whether the fallopian tubes are open.
– HSG examine the walls of your uterus and fallopian tubes, which allows us to see whether your fallopian tubes are open, check for the presence of fibroids, and assess the shape of your uterus.
– A dye is inserted into the vagina and enters the uterus. The uterine area accumulates dye and, if the fallopian tubes are open, dye will fill the tubes and enter the abdominal area.
– An x-ray shows where the dye goes after entering the uterus, which reveals whether the fallopian tubes are open or blocked, and, if blocked, the location of the blockage.
Semen Analysis A Semen Analysis tests for volume, motility, morphology, concentration, and appearance of your sperm count. Our lab measures several of the following properties important to egg fertilization and conception and we typically have results within a week!
We offer a variety of comprehensive treatments for heterosexual couples. From simple and less expensive treatment to cutting edge technology including gender selection.
Learn more about IVF, ICSI, natural-, mini- and conventional IVF.